De pe forumurile oficiale

Aici puteţi purta discuții generale despre Guild Wars 2

De pe forumurile oficiale

Mesajde Tudy » 05 Oct 2012, 16:06

WvW queue times:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/p ... post350448
Citat:
The last data I saw had an overwhelming majority of transfers from servers with long queu times (generally from winning servers), to servers with short queu times (generally to losing servers). There are some people going to the winning servers, but the simple truth is the vast majority are not.

That being said, we are working on long term improvements to queus, transfers, and WvW content in general. We’ll talk more about this in the future as features/plans get closed to being finalized.

WvW night capping:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/p ... post294179
Citat:
First of all I just want to say, the game is young. We know there are areas that we want to improve. Being steamrolled into a corner of your map is not the only problem in the game and not even the only problem in WvW. We are working on these areas, but I know it’s still possible to have lots of fun playing, and as the game matures these areas are going to get better and better.

I know we all know this, but it is nice to remember that WvW is persistent. This is one of the best things about it and we don’t want to inherently make logging in at non peak hours less rewarding than logging in during primetime. We already have long queues and off-peak is a chance to avoid those and still play the game. That being said, there are some things we need to do to encourage you to log in even when your world is being dominated by a massive rush of enemies who live in a part of the world where they aren’t checking their watches to see if the sun is about to rise. We have been talking about this since about 2 or 3 days into launch and have some ideas. The problem is many of them require resources which we do not have right now as we work to keep the game stable and bug free in its infancy. However some of these ideas have some traction and we are working on them actively. They will still take some time to implement and time to test, but we are not ignoring the fact that players want to feel like their late night efforts are worth more than just a pat on the back.
  • Players need more rewards for WvW.
  • Players need to be given opportunities to break out of their base when they are trapped in by a wall of arrow carts.
  • Guilds need a better reason to claim and HOLD objectives.
  • Commanders need to be rewarded for their success and need to be able to reward their followers in turn.
  • And so and and so forth.
We are just as into playing GW2 and WvW as you guys are, and we welcome and appreciate all of your feedback. Just know your feedback is going to a good place where we are constantly trying to improve the experience for each and every player. I hope this helps clear up our position and ease your concerns about the long term health of this part of the game. I know this was really long so…

Future updates - October:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/g ... post350406
Citat:
There is more than just Halloween coming in October... What those things are? You’ll just have to wait and see, keep an eye on our website and blog for more information in the coming weeks.

SPvP updates:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/p ... nts/188369
Citat:
Our focus right now is making sure absolutely all of the potential issues/bugs with base tournaments and rewards are 100% cleaned up before we introduce any form of more serious competition. We’re also trying to make sure we’ve given enough time for the base strategies to develop, and for any skills/builds that are out of balance are identified. Once we’re totally convinced things are in a solid state, you’ll start seeing a roll out of major PvP esports features and we’ll get this thing going like crazy. Take this opportunity now to learn your classes, learn your builds, lockdown strategies for your teams and get ready! Once we start rolling out the esports features, it’ll build up rapidly from there.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/p ... post347226
Citat:
New features. People are saying that X feature is more important than Y feature for sPvP. Others then jump in the thread and say Z is actually more important than either X or Y. The truth is – you’re all right. I think a lot of the features mentioned in these threads are important, so we’ll use our best judgment to get them out in the correct order that makes the most sense. I talk about new features in the blog, so I won’t spoil them here. Just know that my team and I are devoted to PvP and improving it, so we’re working hard to get you guys the features that GW2 PvP needs. We are not ignoring you, we’re just busy working, which is why you don’t hear from us more. If we’re on the forums posting all the time, we’re not working!
-------
I want to live forever. So far, so good.
GW2 Official Wiki - GW2 Wiki FAQ
Imagine
Tudy
GW2.ro staff

Nume caracter: Tudy
Zona de interes: World vs World

Re: De pe forumurile oficiale

Mesajde Tudy » 08 Oct 2012, 08:59

Invisible people in WvW
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/p ... rly/356823

Citat:
Hi all,

I just wanted to pop in to mention that we haven’t forgotten about you.

We’re aware that this is a serious issue and we’re actively working to improve the experience. I can’t talk about specific work that we’re doing yet, but I can say that we’re attacking the problem on multiple fronts and working hard to get WvW into a better state. This is one of those issues that involves multiple systems interacting in sometimes unexpected ways and as such it’s tricky to address. I would love to be able to snap my fingers and fix it today (which would make me a wizard, so that would be doubly awesome) but unfortunately the changes we’re working on will take time to implement and test thoroughly. Our goal is to make WvW the best experience it can be so we want to be very sure that any changes we make won’t have unintended, negative side effects.

I’d like to take a moment to briefly address a few of the points of serious contention that have come up in this thread and hopefully clear up any confusion:

This is a multi-faceted issue that involves both reporting from the server to the client and client asset loading. Much like a super villain team-up these two parts of the issue are combining to make an unpleasant situation worse. We’re pursuing both parts of the issue and hope to see incremental improvements as we get fixes in and tested.

The reporting issue is really all about performance tradeoffs. Every decision that the server makes about what to report to which client consumes resources, as does the act of reporting itself. These resources (server CPU, network bandwidth, etc.) are finite and are the same ones that are used by every other aspect of WvW as well. How we make use of those resources determines the number of players we can support in a given map and how smooth the simulation feels. The system that we have in place now constitutes an attempt to strike a balance between a perfect simulation that handles all the details and makes them available to every client immediately and a simulation that supports a reasonably large number of players while maintaining smooth performance under most gameplay situations. This is a true dilemma because we really want to achieve both of those goals completely and simultaneously but that just isn’t possible at the moment.

Could we throw more hardware at the problem? Maybe, but the servers that we’re running on now are Serious Business™ and simply buying faster CPUs likely wouldn’t gain us even a linear increase in performance. With today’s hardware I believe that we’re likely to gain far more improvement from code changes than we would from slightly faster CPUs. As you might imagine the way that we manage client/server communication is pretty well core to the way our game works so making changes to that system is a tricky affair that must be undertaken with great care and much testing. Further, since we can’t really create any more resources (CPU, network) every substantial change involves making a hard decision about performance, scale, and completeness of the various aspects of Gw2. Some of the most robust, correct, and appealing solutions to this issue are also the ones that will take the longest to implement correctly, thus adding response time into the mix of factors we need to consider. In a situation like this, sadly, there are no easy answers. That said, we’re evaluating possible changes to reporting even now and are committed to making WvW into the best experience we can.

The client issue relates to the way that we load assets when preparing to display characters. WvW hits this more than most other parts of the game because players are pretty much the most complicated characters that we have and, especially at higher levels, they tend to be quite varied (so things like texture caching don’t help us as much as they might elsewhere in the game). WvW tends to have much higher player densities than the rest of the game so that’s why we see these issues coming up in WvW more than elsewhere. This asset loading issue will be influenced by client hardware (kind of like saying water is wet, I know) but we see this issue crop up on even high end systems so it’s clear that hardware is not the major determining factor. So, while better hardware may improve the situation a bit it won’t make the client issue go away completely. At this point we have a solid repro of the client issue and we’re aggressively pursuing fixes.

All of us who have worked on WvW (and many of those at ArenaNet who have not) are deeply invested in making WvW the best it can be. I personally have dedicated over a year of my life to developing this game type. Other have spent even longer. I know it can be terribly frustrating to deal with these issues (I’m a gamer too, I’ve been there!). I also know that frustration can make it tempting to believe that our silence on the forums means we’re ignoring issues with the game. Please believe me when I tell you that is simply not the case. We must always balance our time on the forums with our time spent working on the game. If we go silent for a while it’s generally because we’re busy working hard so that the next time we post we can have something substantial to tell you.

TL;DR: The issue is real, we’re aware of it, we’re working on fixes/improvements, the fixes/improvements are complicated and I can’t provide you an ETA.

Keep fighting the good fight and we’ll be back to let you know when we can share more details.
-------
I want to live forever. So far, so good.
GW2 Official Wiki - GW2 Wiki FAQ
Imagine
Tudy
GW2.ro staff

Nume caracter: Tudy
Zona de interes: World vs World

Înapoi la Discuţii generale despre joc

Utilizatorii ce navighează pe acest forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] şi 15 vizitatori