Guild Wars 2 - BWE 2

Aici puteţi purta discuții generale despre Guild Wars 2

Re: Guild Wars 2 - BWE 2

Mesajde Googsy » 06 Iun 2012, 08:31

Se anunta un w/e plin! :)

Ne vedem si auzim Vineri!
Imagine
Love me or hate me! I don't care. Your end is the same!
Googsy
Gladium

Nume caracter: Holly Fire Rain

Mesajde Ztepam » 06 Iun 2012, 19:09

Cam din acest motiv merita ArenaNet tot respectul:
http://www.arena.net/blog/your-guild-wars-2-questions-answered-on-reddit
Ma rog.. unul din motive...
Imagine
Ztepam
Legionar

Nume caracter: Ztepam

Mesajde Tudy » 06 Iun 2012, 22:43

A început AMA pe Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... _the_next/
Citat:
Hi, everyone.
This is Mike O’Brien, and I’m the President of ArenaNet. We’re working on a game called Guild Wars 2. We have a Beta Weekend Event coming up this week from June 8 – 10, and I’d like to take this opportunity to answer your questions about the game and the upcoming beta event.
I’ll also be joined by ArenaNet designers and developers and we’ll be here to answer as many of your questions as we can in the next three hours.
Here's who will be participating (and our sigs):
Mike O'Brien - President/Founder - MO
Chris Whiteside - Lead Producer - Chris
Mike Zadorojny‎‎ - Content Designer - z
Mike Ferguson - WvW Designer - Ferg
Peter Giuntoli - Programmer - Peter
Jon Peters - Systems Designer - Jon
Isaiah Cartwright - Lead Systems Designer - Izzy
So without further ado, AMA!
~ Mike O’Brien

Dacă vreți să vedeți doar răspunsurile: http://www.reddit.com/user/ArenaNetTeam
-------
I want to live forever. So far, so good.
GW2 Official Wiki - GW2 Wiki FAQ
Imagine
Tudy
GW2.ro staff

Nume caracter: Tudy
Zona de interes: World vs World

Mesajde Tudy » 06 Iun 2012, 22:46

Explicația oficială legat de noul tiered traits system: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... ?context=3
Citat:
There were a number of problems with the old system that we felt required a change. We believe this new system keeps the spirit of the old system, while actually working better in the long run. Here are the problems we believe this change solve:
1) Best builds were all 30,10,10,10,10. There was always a super strong trait in every line which made each player only put 10 points into that trait line and still gain a very powerful benefit. In the new system this will still be true, but it will be tempered because people will be giving up going 20 or 30 points into multiple lines. This has allowed us to shift traits around so that more of them get play at different levels, meaning they don’t all have to compete against each other at tier 1.
2) This system is so much easier to balance. It is not reasonable to make 12 equally useful traits, particularly given how some of them had niche effects. Making 12 equal traits is harder, takes longer and ultimately leads to some traits seeing a lot less use. Finally an important point is that balance creates more choice as well because unbalanced and bad builds aren’t really options. The old system created a very small subset of über-builds which stomped out a lot of the good builds along with the bad ones.
3) Opportunity Costs are what make interesting choices. Trait tiers allow us to split the traits. 6 allowed in slot 1, 10 (6 tier 1 and 4 tier 2) allowed in slot 2, and 12(6 tier 1, 4 tier 2 and 2 tier 3) allowed in slot 3. The final 2 tier 3 traits are "elite"-like, in the sense that you can only ever have one of them on your build at once. If I'm making a damage warrior I am going to put 30 points into strength, same as every other big damage warrior, but now those characters are all guaranteed to be split at least in half forcing you to not take one of the two exclusive final traits. Before, anytime a character went 30 points in a line they were taking the same 3 (maybe 3 out of 4) traits.
4) Option Shock. New players at level 20 were clicking on a trait line for the first time and seeing 12 options which was very overwhelming. This gives them a bit of a reprieve to pick between a smaller number of traits at first and then learn more as they have played their character more.
5) Putting 30 points into a line left you with a climax of picking the third most interesting trait which did not feel good. Players want to feel like that decision to go 30 is a big decision and that when they make it they get to make a big decision that simply could not happen in the old system. Now when you commit to 30 points you are rewarded with an important choice as well as options that you didn't previously have.
Finally, these are not the final balance numbers or often even the final traits/functionality and we will be iterating on this system as we move towards release. I know for certain there are already a number of changes I wish I could have made before this weekend, but they will have to wait until next time. If you had a really fun build before this change and it is lost now, post it in our beta forums and we can figure out how to make it viable. The intention here was not to remove fun, good builds but to create more viable builds that will increase the variety of characters in the game.
Jon P
-------
Imagine
Tudy
GW2.ro staff

Mesajde Tudy » 07 Iun 2012, 13:17

O sinteză excelentă a întrebărilor și răspunsurilor din AMA:
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/mike-obrien-ama/
-------
Imagine
Tudy
GW2.ro staff

Mesajde Ztepam » 07 Iun 2012, 13:46

Repet... sunt impresionat cum interactioneaza cu fanii/comunitatea, sincer nu am mai vazut la nici o echipa din industrie sa fie comunicarea dev. - customer la un asa nivel si cu totii stim ca asta e cel mai important
Imagine
Ztepam
Legionar

Mesajde Xas » 07 Iun 2012, 14:32

Ztepam scrie:
Repet... sunt impresionat cum interactioneaza cu fanii/comunitatea, sincer nu am mai vazut la nici o echipa din industrie sa fie comunicarea dev. - customer la un asa nivel si cu totii stim ca asta e cel mai important

Pentru toate exista un inceput. Daca intr-un alt univers pararel nu ar exista Reddit ci alt site, sigur s-ar fi folosit de ala. Mi se pare normal ce fac, nu iesit din comun, sa vorbeasca cu clientii. E ca la scoala, cand se face dirigentie/sedinta cu parintii. Ciudat ca celelalte companii nu fac aceste "sedinte", aparent au prea multi bani ca sa-i mai intereseze.

Foarte interesant oricum, nu am vazut daca s-a au remediat probleme pentru cei cu procesoare AMD sau placi grafice ATI, voi ce stiti?
Xas
Legio Gemina [XIII]

Nume caracter: Xasiki
Zona de interes: PvX (câte puțin din toate)

Mesajde Ztepam » 07 Iun 2012, 14:38

Habar n-aveam ca exista probleme cu asa ceva:| eu am o placa video AMD Radeon HD 6490M de 1GB, ma afecteaza cu ceva? :?
Imagine
Ztepam
Legionar

Mesajde Tudy » 07 Iun 2012, 14:43

@Xas: N-au menționat nimic legat de AMD/ATI în AMA, dar nici n-am văzut să existe întrebări în acest sens. La ce probleme te referi, exact?
-------
Imagine
Tudy
GW2.ro staff

Mesajde Xas » 07 Iun 2012, 15:12

Tudy scrie:
@Xas: N-au menționat nimic legat de AMD/ATI în AMA, dar nici n-am văzut să existe întrebări în acest sens. La ce probleme te referi, exact?

Am postat mai demult pe forum, chiar m-ai atentionat ca nu eram on topic, ceva de pe Kotaku, unde se mentiona ca jocul ruleaza mai greu pe proc. AMD sau la cei ce folosesc ATI. Asta a fost (cred ) la scurt timp dupa primul BWE.

Asta era http://kotaku.com/5906933/a-gorgeous-living-world-sets-guild-wars-2-apart

Am remarcat un comment: "AMD and ATI: the game isn't currently optimized for either of them; this was stated in the Known Issues post on the forums. It ran amazingly on my crappy 2.6ghz Quad (which is nearly 5 years old now), GTX460, and 8gb of DDR2 1066mhz. "
Xas
Legio Gemina [XIII]

Mesajde Tudy » 07 Iun 2012, 15:22

OK, dar ai avut tu probleme în acest sens pe care să le poți descrie? :)

Cei de la ArenaNet au menționat deja înainte de BWE1 că jocul nu e optimizat din punct de vedere al performanței, așa că toți cei care au ajuns să se plângă de performanță o făceau cam degeaba, părerea mea. E ca și cum ar veni un vânzător de înghețată și ar pune un anunț: ”Mâine deschidem magazinul, dar în prima zi nu avem decât înghețată de căpșuni - vom aduce și alte feluri de înghețată săptămâna viitoare”. În ziua următoare, toată lumea se înghesuie și abia după ce își cumpără fiecare câte o înghețată, exclamă: ”Ah, păi e doar înghețată de căpșuni, this sucks!” :D

Deși nu au zis nimic concret de AMD/ATI, au confirmat deja în AMA că au adus îmbunătățiri legat de performanță și compatibilități cu diferite drivere, și au menționat că vor mai aduce astfel de îmbunătățiri și în viitor. Uite câteva exemple:

Citat:
This will probably get buried but have you fixed the totally horrible performance from previous betas?
We are always working on performance and improving it, it’s one of the reason large scale tests are so good, it helps us find these issues and fix them.
~Izzy

Citat:
Are we going to see any increase in FPS this weekend? In other words, did you work on optimization after BWE1 and Stress test?
Our engine and content programming teams made a number of improvements since the last weekend. Ideally you should see at least some increase in performance, but we’re not even close to done yet so don’t be too discouraged if you’re still having performance issues. Please be sure to leave feedback on our forums over the weekend and let us know how it feels!
-Ferg

Citat:
What can we expect from this BWE regarding optimization? Is there major improvement from the last BWE? Any info concerning optimization (like details on CPU vs GPU usage) would be greatly appreciated.
We’ve spent some time on performance improvements and will move more of the team on to performance as time goes on. Specifically, we’ve moved some of our processing that was done on our main thread on to other threads.
-Peter

Citat:
What is the intent with game performance as it applies to multi-core processors (2, 4, 8 core etc)
As part of our performance improvements we plan to push more processing on to multiple cores. We’re already utilizing multiple cores though!
-Peter

Citat:
What is the status on performance optimization?
We’ve worked on improving client and server performance between BWE1 and 2 and plan on focusing more on performance and polish as feature development winds down.
-Peter

Citat:
In WvW theres a lot of people, interaction and basically a lot more things going on… will the person who only have the minimum required system can enjoy playing in WvW?
We’re doing everything we can to ensure that anyone who can run the game can participate in wvw. We’ve made a number of optimizations since the last event to improve performance and we will continue to do so, hopefully people should have a little better performance in WvW this time around. – Ferg

Citat:
I heard from someone that the world PvP will be a failure, because of extreme lag and low fps. Is that a real treat? ot not?
Absolutely not.
As you are aware the game is not finished yet and our Beta Weekend Events are specifically designed to allow us to improve both the quality of the game and the overall performance.
Thanks for the question and your support.
Chris

Citat:
Can you talk a little about game optimization (like support for multi-core CPUs and newer DX11 GPUs) for GW2 and what your plans are? Give us the cold hard technically speak.
This is something we’ll be working on until release. You’ll see improvements with each beta weekend.
The cold hard technical speak is: we need to fix the main CPU thread getting stalled on occlusion queries to the GPU; we need to fix driver compatibility issues; we’ll continue offloading work to other threads.
~ MO
-------
Imagine
Tudy
GW2.ro staff

Mesajde Xas » 07 Iun 2012, 15:40

Nu am observat ceva deosebit doar very low fps in PvP si cand eram multi la dynamic events cu multa lume in jurul meu.
Xas
Legio Gemina [XIII]

Mesajde Life Snatcher » 07 Iun 2012, 15:47

Xas scrie:
Nu am observat ceva deosebit doar very low fps in PvP si cand eram multi la dynamic events cu multa lume in jurul meu.

Problema asta au avut-o majoritatea indiferent de placa video. Din cate imi aduc aminte cineva aici spunea ca jocul momentan merge doar pe resursele procesorului. Oricum, eu zic sa stai linistit, or sa se ocupe si de problema asta :)
Use search before acting stupid ...
Imagine
Life Snatcher
Legionar

Nume caracter: Life Snatcher

Mesajde shaggy140 » 07 Iun 2012, 19:51

In primul BWE sa zic ca am avut un fps mai redus putin doar in cazul siege-urilor unde eram chair o gramada de insi dar in nici un caz freeze sau fps asa scazut incat sa te cam plictisesti...a mers multumitor pentru mine. Dar sunt convins ca vor imbunatati aspectele legate de performanta.
Imagine
shaggy140
Legionar

Nume caracter: Liviu

Mesajde Tudy » 07 Iun 2012, 23:20

10 Tips To Max Out Your GW2 Beta Weekend
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/10-esse ... a-weekend/
-------
Imagine
Tudy
GW2.ro staff

Mesajde Googsy » 08 Iun 2012, 08:34

Tudy scrie:
10 Tips To Max Out Your GW2 Beta Weekend
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/10-esse ... a-weekend/

Fair enough! :) Thx!
Imagine
Love me or hate me! I don't care. Your end is the same!
Googsy
Gladium

Nume caracter: Holly Fire Rain

Mesajde RealRiotMaker » 08 Iun 2012, 20:21

Care ar fi ora Romaniei la care incepe BWE? Mie imi spune ca nu e niciun event acum sau account-ul meu este invalid. A inceput deja BWE si am eu probleme ?

LE: M-am uitat la ei pe site si m-am lamurit, nu a inceput inca. :D
RealRiotMaker
Gladium

Nume caracter: Riot

Mesajde Ronah » 08 Iun 2012, 20:22

RealRiotMaker scrie:
Care ar fi ora Romaniei la care incepe BWE? Mie imi spune ca nu e niciun event acum sau account-ul meu este invalid. A inceput deja BWE si am eu probleme ?

LE: M-am uitat la ei pe site si m-am lamurit, nu a inceput inca. :D

pe siteul oficial http://www.guildwars2.com exista un countdown timer
Imagine
Ronah
Centurion

Nume caracter: Ronah Haght Akan

Mesajde Ronah » 08 Iun 2012, 20:35

Servers are Open!!
Imagine
Ronah
Centurion

Nume caracter: Ronah Haght Akan

Mesajde Ztepam » 08 Iun 2012, 20:37

Vreau si eu invite in guild pls: Ztepam.9327
Imagine
Ztepam
Legionar

AnteriorUrmătorul

Înapoi la Discuţii generale despre joc

Utilizatorii ce navighează pe acest forum: Niciun utilizator înregistrat şi 13 vizitatori